Only Good Mommies…

I used to think that good mommies were a group of women that did everything right.

You know. Good mommies don’t yell. They have endless patience. Good mommies balance life at home and work and every other group/organization they or their kids are a part of. Good mommies have clean houses and do crafts and they always always enjoy every moment of being around their children.

Good mommies don’t work… or do work… but whatever they choose to do, they never run out of energy. They are always ready for whatever comes next. And they do it with joy.

And their children never cry, or get bored, or eat cheese sticks and crackers as a suitable dinner.

But I have learned something in my short few years of being a mommy.

Those things and attitudes… sure, they are good. But they don’t make me a good mommy.

That mom that you think has it all together? She probably yelled this morning, or grabbed socks from the dirty hamper, or handed her kids a bag of mini oreos to eat for breakfast on the way to school. And you know, I bet that she struggles with the same feelings you do.

Because even the best mommies get it wrong sometimes. Even the best mommies fall behind, feel like they are letting everyone down, and struggle with feeling completely inadequate in their own homes.

Yes. There are good mommies. But they aren’t made by the lists of things they do or don’t do.

Good mommies are the women who keep loving, keep trying, and keep pouring out their hearts day after day.

And that, my dear, is most certainly you.

May these words remind you, that God knew exactly what He was doing when He gave you those sweet kids. And may you walk in the assurance that today is another day that you are a good mommy.

I try and stay in touch with my readers on a personal level through social media. Share this post to pass it on, and then click here to find me on Facebook.

Comments

• Alena says:

this is so true! Such a good article. Being a mommy can be the most tiring thing in the world. Being a good mommy is knowing that you’re not perfect.I used to be a zombie mom so I know how that feels. I started taking thrive and now feel better and can keep up with my daily life and my child! I wish every mom could feel like this with unlimited energy! Good luck mommies!

• Erin says:

I really needed these words this morning! I could take up a lengthy portion of your comment section pouring out to you everything I feel like I’m failing at right now – number one on the list would be Being A Mommy! But I just want to thank you for being obedient to God’s words on your heart and for helping this struggling mommy out today! :)

Thank you. I really needed this. I have been struggling with myself about not being good enough for my kids or that they aren’t happy with me. I’ve been working a lot of overtime and all I think about is missing out on what my kids are up to. I love them so much and just want them to be happy

• Caley says:

Thank you for the reminder sweet friend x

• Christine says:

Your words are so refreshing. Thank you for this reminder.

• I am in tears. You couldn’t have said a more perfect thing for a momma feeling like she’s at the end of her rope. Thanks girl. So so much.

• Nichole Rector says:

I love each and every one of your posts. They truely lift my spirits and bring me back to reality. Thank you!

• Ola Daniel says:

Thank you! It’s nice to be reminded that you are a good mommy – that there are no perfect moms – that we are loved and accepted just as we are – and help is always there – all we have to do is ask. (It doesn’t make us a bad mommy if we ask for help!)

• I yelled at Baby Girl last night – I was so tired and so frustrated from financial pressure, that I just yelled at her for something I had asked two or three times to stop doing. I felt awful. And she cried and I cried with her. I really don’t feel up to being her mom – she is so precious and so beautiful, and often I just feel like I am messing up, that I am messing her up, and I really didn’t mean to yell at her! Thank you for your lovely post.

• Kristie says:

Thank you so much for your words – I really needed to read something like this today :)

• Jennifer says:

Thank you! I needed to hear this!

• Janeen says:

Thank you! I too needed to hear this!

• Stephenie says:

Thank you so much. I really needed to hear this right now. Lately i haven’t felt like such a great mommy. I am entering my second trimester soon and I’ve been very sick. I had to pass on parenting duty to my fiance so i can rest. I’ve had this lacking feeling for a few weeks and this just made my night. My son, who is 6, tells me all the time he loves me so much and I’m a great mommy! I love you too baby boy!! <3

• Paula says:

You are a blessing. Thank you for sharing your thoughts. They are clearly inspired.

• Anne says:

Thank You for this- needed to hear it today! I definitely had one of those really bad mommy feeling days…weeks! In all honesty, it’s hard to see/believe, but it’s so true! I pray that I can believe this today!!

• Yvonne Burr says:

This totally blessed me today. Thank you.