The Miracle at 10:36 AM

IMG_4268

10:36

I was praying the day before I was scheduled for surgery, and I heard the words, “10:36.” It wasn’t like I was on my knees in prayer and petition. I was cleaning my house and going about my business… just thinking and talking to God in my heart.

10:36

It wasn’t like a voice said it. It wasn’t even like a deep impression in my heart. It was like a thought… but it was clear… unlike some of the thoughts I had been having as I got closer and closer to surgery day.

I didn’t know what it meant, but I knew I should probably have people pray at that time (since it would be right in the middle of my two hour surgery.)

Later that night, my friend called me. “What time is your surgery tomorrow? I want to know so I can be praying.”

I told her, “I go back at 9:45… but pray at 10:36. I just have a feeling that something important will happen then.”

I told my parents and husband as well.

The morning of surgery we arrived at the hospital two hours early like they had recommended. I was prepped and given my IV. My parents came back to see me and then left as it got closer to to 9:45.

But 9:45 came and went… so did 10, 10:15 and 10:30.

I called my mom, who was waiting in the lobby, to tell her that they still hadn’t come back for me.

And she said, “Well, you know they are going to come at 10:36.”

We laughed at how crazy that would be… when there was a knock at my door. I looked at the digital clock on the wall above the doorway.

10:36

“Mom! I have to go. They’re here to take me to surgery. It’s 10:36!!!”

I couldn’t believe it. I told both nurses in the room about what had happened the day before and the significance of the timing. I told my husband to call my friend and tell her as well.

But just then… in the middle of what could have been the most unsettling part of my day… there was this peace that washed over me..

They didn’t come for me at 10:26, or 10:30 or even 10:35.

They came for me at exactly 10:36 am.

God knows the exact minutes of our lives. He has all of our timing perfected within Himself.

And as I have been recovering and dealing with post surgery complications, all I can think about is how God sees each moment of my life… and that includes this one.

Just in case you feel delayed. Just in case you feel forgotten. Just in case you have been praying for something for a long time…

Borrow this Hope. God knows every moment of your life. None of them are a surprise… and whether He tells you in some supernatural way or not, we can all rest confidently in knowing that He holds each of them in His hands.

10:36 – and every moment after.

Comments

• Darci says:

So much relevance. Thank you for sharing. <3

• Adaeze says:

Thank You, it’s just so reassuring to know that nothing takes God by surprise, He’s all knowing what God, He knows every tiny detail of my life. I TRUST YOU God 100% You know exactly where l am at, every beat of my heart.

• Kaitlyn McCarthy says:

God has everything perfectly timed. I have had 4 brain surgeries and God always lets me know that He is with me and that He is ultimately in control. I have been kissed by God to releave my pain, Jesus has put his hand on my shoulder and pushed me to the right doctor (we got appointment the next day because there was a cancellation right before we called at Boston Children’s.) And the biggest miracle of all, a nerve that controls the outter muscle of my eye got pulled during surgery and I woke up seeing double. I not only received a complete healing of the nerve but while it was healing my other eye’s vision went from 20/25 to 20/15. So now I have better than perfect vision. God is amazing and if you look for Him you will see His work woven through your life. Thank for sharing your story!

• Carla says:

I really needed this today. I have been praying for several unsettling situations in my life for some time. I have moments when I feel as though God doesn’t even hear me. But, I know that His word tells me he does. I will continue to have faith even when I don’t hear from Him. Thank you for sharing your story. It gives me hope that He will answer in His timing.

• Margaret Wolfinbarger says:

Thank You for the reminder. God holds each moment of our lives in tandum. Sometimes my biggest hurdle is trusting Him. I find I am afraid He will hurt me. But as I confess my fears I find He is able to wrap me in his arms of love and reassure me. This, however, is a discipline. Practicing my trust and giving him my need take practice. 10:36. I just wrote it on a post-it for my desk. http://Www.destinationdiscipline.com

• Michelle Wood says:

Love this so much! A dear friend shared your post about 10:36 with me specifically because it so closely resembles my own published work about my lifelong experience with 10:10.
    I have some free digital copy links leftover from a previous giveaway on Amazon, I’d be happy to give you one.
    Not a solicitor, just sharing with a sister in Christ who has also been blessed with His gift of “time”.
    Xoxo Michelle Wood

• Teri says:

Thank you for sharing your story! I read this yesterday and was encouraged by it. This morning, I saw another Facebook post, which immediately reminded me of yours. Hebrews 10:36 – Patient endurance is what you need now, so you will continue to do God’s will. Then you will receive all that he has promised.

• Cherie Yurke says:

Thank you for sharing ” The Miracle at 10:36 a.m.”.
    It reminds me and encourages me to know that God knows every minute in our day , every fear we try to hide , every tear that’s shed even after we wipe them away ,every silent thought that no one else hears …….God knows . He knows the beginning , the ending and everything in between. God knows and He keeps us in His hands . I pray that You will feel His hand upon you as you recover from your surgery .
    God bless you ,
    Cherie

• Michelle says:

I can relate to that peace in the storm. In February I had a stroke at the age of 38, no known cause, or reason. I am a seemingly healthy lady. Unknown to me or anyone other than my Maker, there was a whole in my heart. While waiting for cardiac testing following my stroke, I spoke to my husband in a whisper that in all the trauma I had been through that was the time when I felt fear. As I lay waiting to go to have a scope sent to my heart, I heard a voice, the voice of God, for sure say to me. Did I not make you, I can fix you. The whole was the size of a quarter, and only through the wisdom that God bestows on Doctors, my heart was fixed through a catheter. 2 months later. God has blessed me in my recovery, I was able to return home and take out patient rehab, returned to work 4 weeks following . GOD IS UP TO SOMETHING.