When You Wonder if You Should Keep Blogging, Momma…

Becky Thompson | Hope Unfolding

They walked in the door from school, took off their shoes, and immediately began fighting with each other. “Hey, guys. Let’s put our shoes away. They don’t go in the middle of the floor.” They weren’t listening. They were already arguing about who got to hold, well, does it really matter what toy it was? I’m not sure they really cared about the toy either. They were just looking for a chance to fuss at one another.

“Guys! Hey! Kids!” I shouted up to the playroom. “Please play nicely or you’re going to have to come down here! Kids?! Can you hear Momma’s voice?!”

But all I could hear were louder cries and arguing echoing down from the top of the stairs.

Some days, it seems like all I do is talk AT them. There are moments where I can feel my words bouncing back at me, none of them sinking in, none of them being heard.

And I repeat – repeat – repeat myself, and I find myself saying things like, “Well, if you had just listened to Mommy we wouldn’t have spilled that drink, or fallen off the step, or lost our favorite toy down the side of the bed.”

If they had only listened…

There are so many moments in a Momma’s life where we feel unheard, where our words don’t seem to matter, where the things that we have to say just become white noise in the background.

And it is more than just feeling as though our words are unheard. We feel unheard.

It’s easy for Mommas to fall into feeling that way. And it’s easy for us to lose our voice in other areas of our lives, because we don’t always feel like we have a voice at home.

But today? I get to be the one to remind you that your voice matters. You matter. The things you have to say, the thoughts and feelings and expectations of your heart, the fears, the concerns, the ideas that bounce around and need a place to land?

All of it matters. Because what you have to say is important. And there are people waiting on the other side of your voice. There are people waiting to hear what only you can say in only the way that YOU can say it.

So whether you blog about life at home, or to encourage other moms and women in similar situations, or you blog recipes and craft ideas, there are words that only YOU can say. And, friend? You never know what or who is waiting on the other side of your screen!

Keep talking, friend! I’m listening!

with-love-becky

Join me and 68,000 other grace-filled women who are passionate about encountering Jesus and encouraging one another over on Facebook.

Comments

• Becky - bybmg says:

This post came at just the right time for me. Thank you!

• Caley says:

Thank you for this lovely – I really needed to read this today x

• Brittany Putman says:

I’m not a momma, but I also wonder sometimes if I should be blogging or not. Thanks for reminding me that my voice does matter!

• Janeen says:

Thank you for all of your uplifting words. I too am a mom and a woman of great faith. I struggle being heard and wondering if it all matters as I too repeat myself and the words go unheard. Thank you for keeping me going.

• Rachel says:

I agree with Becky above, this came at the right time. She shared this on her blog today by the way and I am so glad I came by.
    Rachel xo

Garay Treasures

• Linda says:

Thank you. I have been desiring to start a blog and write a book. Both are out of my comfort zone, but I believe that God is calling me this new chapter in my life. I feel greatly encouraged after reading your post.

I just found you from a post on local women’s facebook page that you will be speaking at the GLOW in Kingsport, TN. I hope I will be able to attend.

Thank you again for your encouraging words.

• Jada Black says:

I started blogging (seriously) about 6 months ago. I haven’t blogged as much as I want cause 2 kids, adoption in process, hubby owns 2 businesses, I deal with anxiety, I’m tired all the time.. :(( feeling like i have nothing to say, nobody is listening.. etc. but you spoke straight to me. Thank you, Thank you Thank you for reminding me I do have a voice!

• Jamie Joy says:

I know you wrote this a few months ago, but I needed to hear it today. Thank you. My measly blog, that has lost more followers than I think it has ever gained, is sometimes a little depressing. Yet, I feel called. And ya know, that’s all the matters: For Whom I’m writing. Blessings.

• Julia Dale says:

I stumbled across this post in the midst of a day filled with on and off praying about this desire to write that is in my heart – maybe I should set it aside I thought. Thank you for your words – someone on the other side needed them!

• Mica says:

I just ran across your blog and am fully enjoying your words.
    Thank you for sharing your heart!